It's a Wrap!Thursday, October 20, 2011
So as mentioned yesterday, I received a goody bag at the Eylure and Elegant Touch event last week, my bag was crammed full of lashes, and some lovely nail accessories. Today I'm going to tell you all about my experience with the Elegant Touch Envy Wraps.
Nail wraps have become a big thing in the beauty industry within the past few months, with fancy manicures such as Minx everyone has gone mad for wraps. The thought of nail wraps have always intrigued me, I always thought that they'd be difficult to apply and thought that it's something that I should maybe try at some point, but just never got round to. So when I got two packs of the Elegant Touch Envy Wraps I was very excited to try them out.
These come in eight different designs but I actually only saw the leopard print ones and the turquoise crocodile print which are the ones that I've got. Now I realise I am very lucky to receive such lovely products but to be honest the turquoise crocodile print are probably a design that I wouldn't choose. But hey I thought I'd give them a go.
So I sat down on Sunday night whilst watching the Xfactor and applied the wraps to both my toes and fingers! I know matchy, matchy how shocking eh? Now I'd always assumed nail wraps needed heat to activate them etc so I was pleasantly surprised that these need no heat and are simply nail stickers that you just stick onto the nail.
- Buff and file nails as you wish, but ensure the nail is clean.
- Apply a base coat to the nail
- Wait for the base coat to dry
- Find the best sized wrap for your selected nail
- Peel the sticker off and apply to the nail, place the curved side to the cuticle and gently smooth onto the nail
- Once applied, trim the excess wrap or file, I found that trimming with nail scissors worked better
- Apply a top coat on top of the wrap
- To remove you peel the sticker off and then go over the nail with nail polish remover