What was in my Look Beauty goody bag?Thursday, November 17, 2011
So as I mentioned in my post yesterday, I got an amazing goody bag from the Look Beauty launch on Tuesday night. Look were so generous and I have literally so many things I want to talk about I was tempted to split this into two posts. But then I thought I always get annoyed when films do that (HELLO TWILIGHT BREAKING DAWN) so I thought I'd pop it all in one massive post. I don't really know why in my head I compared my blog posts to film. Hmm weird.
I'm going to divide what I got into departments to make this easier to read. :)
- Two Standout Eyes Single Eyeshadows (£4.00) in the shades Lurex- Shade 32 ( a metallic silver) and Tutu- Shade 28 (a sheer pearly baby pink)
- Triple Hit Trio Eyeshadow (£7.50)- Party Fever- Shade 3- ( a trio of purple colours)
- Stretch Factor Mascara (£6.00)
- Thoughts so far: I have only swatched the eyeshadows so far, but Lurex is definitely my favourite at the moment, I think Tutu will make a lovely highlighter for cheeks etc and I'm looking forward to experimenting with some purple eyeshadows as it's a great colour for brown eyes. I've tried the mascara and was impressed, it's waterproof which I love but doesn't give you false lash effect lashes. I am one for the 'in your face' lashes so this is a little subtle for me, but I love the look when it's layered with my Rimmel Day to Night mascara. This would be a great mascara for when on holiday.
- Loud Lips Lipstick (£7.00) Tangerine Cream- Shade 2
- Double Hit Lip (£7.00) Pink Punch- Shade 3.
- Thoughts so far: The lipsticks caught my eye at the launch, I loved the variety of colours and fell in love typically with a nude colour. Being a nude lipstick girl at heart, I was a bit nervous about having two brighter than what I'd normally use lip colours in my goody bag, but I'm glad that I did have them as I wouldn't of necessarily bought them myself. The lipstick I have is tangerine cream which I would describe a peachy pink colour, which I am loving. I have been pairing it with my Barry M toffee lipgloss and it looks so lovely, it just adds a little bit of colour to my face. The Double Hit Lip is a right clever little gadget, this is a lipgloss and lipstick in one. One end is the lipstick, the other the gloss and the colours are so pigmented! Pink Punch is what can be described as a barbie pink. I never thought I could pull this colour off but I am actually loving it. I think this will be fab for a night out or even in the day paired with simple make up. I did feel a bit like Xfactor 'Two Shoes' when I first put this on but now I love it. Maybe I will be embracing brighter lippies from now on.
- Holiday Glow Bronzer (£8.00)- Rio- Shade 3
- Thoughts- This is a dark slightly shimmery bronzer, I think that I will use this as maybe as a blush rather than a bronzer as it's a little too dark for all over the face. It definitely reminds me of a Nars blush though, I can't think of the name though!
- Nail Pop (£5.00)-Corsage- Shade 8
- Nail Pop (£5.00)- Catsuit- Shade 5
- Thoughts- I haven't swatched these yet but from the bottle I can tell these are gorgeous colours. Corsage is a gorgeous barbie pink which is one of my fave nail colours and Catsuit is a gorgeous glittery dark blue which is just perfect for this time of the year and I am loving it as I am obsessed with glitter polishes at the moment!