Hey You. It's Okay....Saturday, November 15, 2014
Following on from yesterday's post, hands up if you've ever given yourself a hard time? Right now I have had to take my hands down to actually keep typing, but I'm pretty sure every single one you raised your hands. I raised both of mine, because recently I've made a vow to change as I mentioned yesterday. This is the 'it's okay list...' Okay?
- It really doesn't matter that your thighs touch together when your feet are together or even when they're apart. Anyways if your thighs touch, you're a step closer to being a mermaid so who's the real winner?
- It's totally normal to not have a flat tummy
- Everyone's make up goes cakey from time to time
- I won't tell anyone that you've just got that top out of the dirty washing basket
- It's healthy to eat nutella out of the jar with a spoon
- It's understandable when you just want a weekend to sleep and eat rather than blog. The world won't stop spinning.
- Don't worry about that little splurge in Zara. We all deserve a treat now and then.
- It's fine to love your dog more than most people.
- So what if you don't have several 0's after your blog/YouTube subscriber number.
- Chipped nails are okay now and then
- Don't worry about skipping that brow appointment, you've still got a week till you look like Charlie from Busted.
- Take that compliment. Don't think you'll look like Billy Big Balls if you say 'thank you.'
- Yes it's fine to fancy Harry Styles. Yes Niall is fine too. It's cool they're over 20.
- That McDonalds was totally needed, and yes we all eat them.
- We've all had that panic of wearing a dress and realising we haven't shaved our legs in a good couple of weeks. Keep your legs under the table.
- Be the person, you'd like to meet.
- Conchita from The Eurovision Song Contest, has shown us that accidentally skipping the Jolen monthly bleach isn't the end of the world. 2014 is the year of the facial hair.
- Everyone's jeans feel tight
- Even the skinniest people get cellulite.
- Take your health for importance, if that means skipping the gym to get an early night, do it.
- Stop being your own worst enemy, no body is perfect, and that's what makes us unique.
- It's fine that you don't understand the jargon at work, it doesn't mean you're dumb.
- Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, focus on your strengths not weaknesses. Some people are strategic, some people are creative etc.
- Sometimes an afternoon nap is more important than cleaning the bathroom.
- You honestly don't need all the furniture in your house to be white
- Calling someone else fat, won't make you skinnier.
- Try to be your own best friend, not your enemy. How will you expect anyone to believe in you, when you don't even believe in yourself?
I'm not going to stop beating myself up over night, but I'm going to try. No more letting myself think I'm an idiot, and no more hating my thighs. It's time to be the Monica to Rachel, no more Regina to Cady.