The Best Beauty Advice I've HeardTuesday, November 10, 2015
Over the years, I've heard a lot of beauty advice. From people I know, to magazines, to blogs, I've tried a lot out. Probably hence why I now write my own beauty blog. Some advice I have read, hasn't been the most helpful, but what I do wish is that some of the more helpful insights, is that I knew them earlier. They would have avoided many a beauty mishap.
- Don't over pluck your eyebrows.
- Buying a foundation three shades darker than your actual skintone will not make you look like you've just stepped off a plane from Barbados. You will look like one of Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompas.
- Don't pick at your skin.
- Always take your make up off before bed.
- Moisturise every day.
- Put your tongue behind your teeth when smiling in photos.
- Use exfoliator on ingrown hairs.
- Use different face masks for different places on your face.
- Putting the hairdryer on your eyelash curlers to warm them up for a couple of seconds before using them will make your lashes look insane.
- If you're going to over line your lips ala Kylie Jenner style, trace the natural shape of your cupid bow or it will look too artificial.
- Use toothpaste on your hands when they turn orange due to fake tan.
- Having baths fades your fake tan like no one's business.
- Don't straighten your hair every day!
So that's my best beauty advice, I've heard, but what about you guys? Here's what you told me:
- Coconut oil as a make up remover - I won't ever use anything else, it just melts it all off without leaving skin dry! - Dani
- My advice is to not put foundation everywhere, only where it is needed. Makeup is to enhance your features, not cover them. - Kyia
- I know it's boring but hands down drink lots of water and get 8 hours sleep- Kate
- I would have to say if you are going out on a hot day or are off dancing in a busy club, put a small layer of hairspray over your face so that it doesn't run or start to look blotchy - Emily Louise
- Think about your skin like a dress you have to wear for the rest of your life. Imagine how much care you'd take of that - Alice
- Eye make up BEFORE foundation/base to avoid that annoying eyeshadow fall out.. Not sure why I never did this before! - Kiran
- Brush hair from the ends up to reduce breakage & split ends - really helped my hair - Sophie
- Always remove your make up before bed no matter how tired you are . Simple but effective - Beth
- To invest in a good set of brushes! Can't remember who told me but I can't believe I used to apply make up with my hands- Angi
- Using conditioner before shampoo has changed my hair completely - it's easier to style, less frizzy & doesn't fall out! - Amy
Now it's your turn... your best beauty advice is?