Easy Christmas Hot Chocolate RecipesSaturday, December 17, 2016
One of my favourite things about the run up to Christmas, is the cosy evenings that it brings. And what is the perfect cosy evening essential? Hot chocolate of course. I love hot chocolate, especially in the winter, and I've got a couple of recipes that I love making at this time of year. So I thought I'd share them with you today, one is for my fellow Nutella lovers and the other one is an alcoholic treat that is perfect on a cold winter's afternoon.
So let's start with my Nutella favourite, it's very easy to make and to be honest neither of the recipes should probably warrant a blog post, buttt it's Christmas eh so why not?
Nutella Hot Chocolate
You Will Need:
3/4 mug of Milk (whichever milk you desire)
2 tea spoons of Hot chocolate powder or cocoa powder (my favourites is Cadbury's)
1 Table Spoon of Nutella
Whatever you want to decorate your hot chocolate; squirty cream, marshmallows, sprinkles, chocolate flakes, whatever your heart desires ;)
1. Heat up your milk in your preferred way, I like to heat it up on the hob as it makes it easier for adding the Nutella in to. I tend to heat it on a gentle heat for a couple of minutes, till it starts to bubble, stirring frequently.
2. Add one-two tea spoons of hot chocolate mix to the milk, stir till it's fully dissolved.
3. Time for the best bit, adding the Nutella. Add in a tablespoon and mix in, have a taste and see if it needs more (go for it, it is Christmas!) You could also add sugar (if you have a real sweet tooth) and add chocolate powder/Nutella till your desired taste.
4. Pour into your desired mug (how beaut is this Anthropologie mug?)
5. Add your favourite toppings, for me it's squirty cream, marshmallows and these little gingerbread men.
Then it's time to sit back, and drink up :)
Right now time to make my other fave hot chocolate, you ready?
Baileys Hot Chocolate
This one is SO easy to make...
Basically you need:
3/4 Mug of Milk (again whatever is your favourite)
3/4 teaspoons of hot chocolate powder
1 slug of Baileys (there is never too much or too little Baileys)
Toppings: Cream, flake, sprinkles, anything!)
1. So for this one, I tend to warm and froth up my milk using the frother on my coffee machine, however you could heat your milk on the hob, or in the microwave.
2.Once it's warm, I add hot chocolate power and mix together. I mean this is really revolutionary right? I bet Gordon Ramsay is quaking in his boots.
3. Then I add a slug of Baileys (depending on what kind of day it has been - just joking -hmm I'm kind of not) and stir.
4. Add to mug of choice (this gold dot mug is from Wilko's and was just £2. TWO pounds, what a bargain!)
5. Add your fave toppings, this one is a bit more of a grown up affair, so I go for cream (squirty of course) sprinkles, and sometimes marshmallows cause no hot chocolate is complete without marshmallows haha, but in this case I went for this cheeky chappy. Ah doesn't his smiley face just make you want to almost not eat him?
There we go, my favourite hot chocolates for Christmas-y afternoons/evenings!
Do you have a favourite Christmas hot chocolate recipe?
Also if you make either of these complex recipes, make sure you tweet/mention me on Instagram as I want to see! :)