I’m a firm believer that the little things in life are the best things. I usually find that it’s really small things that make me feel really appreciative and happy about life, rather than the big momentous things which sometimes overwhelm me and don’t really hit me at the time.
I wrote a post a few months back about my favourite little things in life, and it went down so well. I think sometimes it’s good to remember that life doesn’t have to be like it is in the movies, sometimes the smallest things can make the world seem a better place.
Ha sorry cringe bag alert there.
- Turning off your alarm for the next morning.
- Waking up without an alarm
- When you remember you have one of your favourite snacks/foods in the cupboard/fridge
- Knowing you’re going out for dinner that night
- Holding hands
- Your dog/cat choosing to come sit on your lap/with you
- Forehead kisses
- Seeing your friends after not seeing them for a long time
- The feeling after you’ve offloaded a problem to your parents and they make you feel 100x better.
- Checking your bank account to see you have more money than you thought
- When you do a fucking awesome parallel park
- When you sink into a warm bubble bath after a long day
- When you finally sit down after being on your feet all day.
- Autumnal walks: stepping on acorns, seeing the leaves change colour.
- Getting excited that Christmas is less than three months away!!
- Snuggly cosy evenings in.
- Fleecy pjs
- Buying new candles which smell bloody amazing
- When someone you admire watches your YouTube video/reads your blog post/likes your Instagram.
- When you look back at how far you’ve come (you go glen coco)
- When someone goes out of their way to say something nice to you.
- When someone holds the door for you
- Listening to an old playlist of songs that you loved when you were younger
- Waking up in the middle of the night to see you’ve got hours of sleep left.
- When you find a completed blog post in your drafts. YES TO SAVING ME SOME WORK.
There we have it, some of my favourite little things. Let me know yours in the comments 🙂