As you guys have probably guessed, I’m a total homebody. I’d much rather be at home than out in a club, and the Christmas period doesn’t change that one bit. In fact, I’d rather bring any Christmas festivities to the house, rather than go out. Also, you can’t beat a good house party can you?
So for today’s post, I thought I’d share my essentials for three different Christmas occasions which you can do from the comfort of your own home. And yes, one involves your pyjamas and Netflix. You are welcome.
This Christmas, things will be changing slightly for me, as thanks to the roacctuane treatment I am on, it means that I can’t have too much alcohol. I’m allowed to have a drink or two, but as the treatment can effect my liver, my alcohol consumption has to be quite low. I’m not a huge drinker anyway, but I was a little worried about missing out on prosecco and cocktails over the festive period. But, I didn’t need to worry, as not drinking alcohol doesn’t have to be boring, or mean you have to just stick to water.
Robinsons recently challenged me to try their new Fruit Creations range to see how I got on and if I missed alcohol.
Spoiler alert: I didn’t.
Robinsons have released two new ranges recently; Fruit Creations and Fruit Cordials, which are a twist on normal squash. They’re a more grown up squash, designed for adults rather than children, and have a whole new range of flavours for an adult palette which were created by flavour experts. There are flavours such as Crisp Apple and Elderflower, Luscious Strawberry and Kiwi and Exotic Pineapple, Mango & Passion Fruit.
Using real fruit, no artificial colours, flavourings, and no added sugar, Robinsons can be enjoyed guilt free!
So, with my drinks sorted for any Christmas occasions I’m going to over the next week, I thought I’d also share my other essentials for any Christmas do’s you may be planning.
You can’t beat a good old house party, can you? I love a chilled gathering at home, and my true Monica Gellar comes out, as I do love being a hostess.
When it comes to hosting a Christmas party my essentials are;
- Food: Party nibbles are the best- I do love a good buffet and will make any excuse to put on a spread!
- Drinks: I tend to fill the bar cart with an assortment of drinks, soft and alcoholic. This year, I’ll be sticking to my Robinson’s Fruit Creations (either the Crisp Apple & Elderflower for me, or Luscious Strawberry and Kiwi which I’ll be mixing up with sparkling water to add a little fizz. Also, I’ll be adding some edible glitter and stars to make things more Christmassy!)
- Decorations: I’ve bought loads of decorations this year for the house, I’ve got table confetti, banners, balloons and even drinks accessories such as gold straws and star stirrers.
- A Christmas Party Playlist: The music is what makes a good party, and I tend to stick on my Christmas playlists for everyone to get in the festive spirit with, and then I’ll throw on a good old Cheesy Classics playlist to get everyone dancing.
- Games: Okay so this may be a bit lame, but I don’t think you can beat a good game at parties. Whether it’s a traditional board game, or something a bit more risqué such as Cards Against Humanity, or something else, it’s usually a good way to break the ice and get everyone involved.
Cosy Night In:
Okay so this is my fave way to spend an evening over the Christmas period. I take my cosy nights in very seriously, so these are my essentials for a top night in.
- Christmas Film: You’ve got to watch a Christmas film on your cosy night in, right? My faves are Love Actually or The Holiday- both are the perfect cosy films to snuggle down and watch!
- Pyjamas: Pop on your cosiest pyjamas, I have some fleecy ones which make me feel like I’m wearing a cloud.
- Blankets: You also need a good blanket to snuggle up with.
- Snacks: I take snacking very seriously: my top picks? Popcorn, cookies, doughnuts, crisps and mini muffins.
- Drinks: I’ll tend to start with a glass of Fruit Creations then halfway through the film, will go make a hot chocolate topped with cream, and marshmallows. You could even add hot water to the Fruit Creations such as the Pear, Blackcurrant and Cherry one to make an almost mulled wine drink but without the wine obviously.
Christmas Meal with Friends
For the past few years, we’ve cooked Christmas Dinner and we’ll be doing the same this year too! We’ve been practicing with a few different meals this year, and have our essentials all ready to go for the big day!
- Lists: I tend to find that writing a list of everything you’re cooking and the times that everything needs to cook, is very helpful for keeping on track!
- Foil Trays: We always buy foil trays for cooking a big meal, they’re easy to use, and you can throw them out afterwards, saving you washing up!
- Mixture of Drinks: We always try to have a mixture of soft and alcoholic drinks including the Robinsons Fruit Creations, and always try have to have some pretty glasses too. This year, we have our gold Next glasses which I’m so excited to use!
- Crackers: You can’t beat a good cracker, can you? It’s not a proper Christmas meal if you’re not wearing a party hat!
The most important thing is to have fun. I’m so excited for all the festivities to begin, and I know that at least by sticking to the Robinson’s Fruit Creations, I’ll be feeling fresh and energetic throughout the whole festive period.
What are your Christmas party essentials? Let me know, as I’d love to know!
This post was sponsored by Robinson’s but as always my views are 100% honest and genuine. To find out more how I work on sponsored posts, read my disclaimer here.